Film NOIR "Savaged"

Savage Worlds Deluxe Expl. Ed.
Ok so in a previous post, I talked about an idea that came into my head for a Savage Worlds setting for Film NOIR.  There are several other systems out there with the Film NOIR setting  like +E. Bryan Rumph 's game The Coin's Hard Edge.

I got into Savage Worlds by talking to +Michael Hazen and joining the +Savage Bloggers Network and the Savage Worlds Community page on Google +.  I went to my FLGS, Atomic Empire, and they had a copy of the rules in the Explorer's Edition for only $10, so I could not pass it up.

I eagerly took it back to the house and started devouring it page by page.  I found the rules to be simpler than I thought, and I liked how it was presented.  My mind began spinning as to what I coud do with this setting, even though I am still working on my own system and setting.  I always liked Film NOIR, and even picked up two copies of NOIR The FIlm NOIR RPG by the now defunct Archon Gaming, and even wrote an adventure titled "Walking in the Wind" for it that I ran at Origins in 1998.

Well back to the reason for this post, Since picking up Savage Worlds and knowing my love for Film NOIR, it just seemed logical to smush the two together and see what I come up with.  I think that Savage Worlds is an excellent vehicle to run a Film NOIR game.  They have Victorian London with Monster Hunters, Weird Western tales with undead cowboys, and a former swashbuckler, turned hero in the vein of Alan Quatermain.  So why not Film NOIR?

Don't touch that dial...Stay tuned for more...Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel

Comments

Popular Posts